Objective: Provide advice & training about matters relating to astronomical heritage.
Teaching theory and practical skills, in the context of astronomical heritage, cover a range of topics including institutional heritage, document archiving, care for old telescopes, digitization of valuable documents & objects, the training of astro-tourism guides, liason with universities, self-study online courses, and assisting other archives with inventory & metadata gathering.
- Practical Astronomy Outreach: A Two-day Workshop [SAAO010DC617S]
- Archiving and Digitization Training: A Two-day Workshop
Pilot study completed. Funding needed.
- Heritage Day Celebrations
- International Monuments Day Celebration
- Astronomy and Astronomical Heritage For Beginners workshop (Project leader: Auke Slotegraaf)
Collaborators and project partners are warmly invited to contact the Centre if they are interested in working together on these projects.